There are still a great number of things I need to change to win any sort of green award so here are seven things I plan to start with:
- 1. I really need to take shorter showers. For some reason the warm water in the morning just feels so good I lose all track of time. I'm thinking of setting a timer for five minutes and hope that helps. Actually I went to a campground one time with coin showers. At the end of the five minutes only the hot water turned off. That got me out of the shower REALLY fast.
- 2. I've changed every possible light to fluorescent already but I need to be better at turning off lights when I leave the room.
- 3. Drive even less. I think $4.00 gas will probably help that a little.
- 4. Grow a garden. However that is not easy when there is so little room and very little sun. I have plans for a container garden that can be moved to any location. I need to get building it.
- 5. Plant more trees and clean up more. I have been on one volunteer tree planting excursion. In less than two hours we planted four-hundred trees and stripped English Ivy off some of the existing trees. It was a lot of fun and I want to do it again.
- 6. Use less disposable items. I no longer buy paper napkins and towels but when we eat out I use them. I need to follow No Impact Man's method and carry a rag with me. Maybe some pocket silverware as well.
- 7. Attend seminars. Portland is stuffed with free, or very cheap, seminars on living green or simply. It's just a matter of going.
That's my bad list. Next time I will try and post a few of my accomplishments. Big and small.